Saturday 7 January 2012

Loving you......

Just for the sake of it, I called a good friend of mine to come spend the weekend at my place. I gave both of us a treat (anyone who came in and saw us would have thought a party was going on). After eating so much to the point of bursting, she abruptly said "I have noticed you love yourself". We both laughed at what she said and got gisting about other things, but after a while, what she said got me thinking. I mean, apart from God and my immediate family, who should love me more than i love myself.
I have come to realize that people would always treat you the way you treat yourself( I may be wrong ), but I do not ever think people around me do not notice my style, taste or preference, and as such ( I think) informs the way they treat me.
If you do not have a solid relationship with yourself, you will recklessly purse external relationships with the hopes of achieving what you should give yourself.
You must learn to love yourself in every way. Love who you are at the very moment, love every part of your body (even if you have bow legs or tribal marks). Love all of those things you cannot change about you.
When you love yourself, you would be able to love other people around you and have  a very healthy relationship, otherwise, you would be desperately trying to find in other people what you should find within.
I dare to implore you to relate with yourself with a deep sense of self worth, only then can you easily share your life and love with another.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting perspective..
    Not so sure I agree, but interesting all the same.

    ReplyDelete