Tuesday 29 May 2012

HERE WE GO AGAIN!!! OF MAU OF LAG....

Happy Independence day to every Nigerian out there.

Heh heh heh!!!! Firstly, me have an evil grin on my face , (what I am laffin about isn't funny at all o)
This morning, as part of the democracy day usual, our own very dear President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan announced during his democracy day broadcast new changes in the country, part of which he announced the renaming of our popularly called UNILAG or LAG (University of Lagos)as Moshood Abiola University.

I am not an alumni of Unilag, neither am I affiliated in anyway (lag students both past and present seem to proud for my liking sef-(eyes rolling), but common, after how many years.

If Abiola is to be immortalised, why not build a monument after him, there are new federal universities coming up, why not name one of them after him, there are several other noble causes that can carry his name with great pride.

This kind of re branding get as e be o. MAU just doesn't sound right, but I believe all shall be well.
Enjoy the rest of your day people, work resumes tomorrow........

1 comment:

  1. my dear first of all, happy to read from you.
    Second ehn, no be small matter this name change thingy....I am personally infuriated by the decision not because I also have a stake in the University, but the decision just further shows the inhumanity and disrespect this government has for its people.

    It was not deemed right to consult even the management of the school, plus amidst all the things that have gone wrong with this country is that the best the government can come up wit. they should tell us if the chnage of name would bring the price of fuel down or if it will address the embarrassing standard of education or if it will eradicate Boko haram or....

    Infact abeg I tire for us in this country. To top the list the school had not even laid its VC of blessed memory to rest then they had to come and be greeted with nonsense news. Abeg God help us jare..

    Nice dear

    ReplyDelete