Friday 4 May 2012

REALLY!!!!!!

Well, I titled this little article really because I honestly do not know what to use.
Going through my stacks of books and arranging loose sheets of paper flying around the small table I share with my brother, I came across a sheet which carried a head line that says ''20 thing you must know, do, and sustain before age 20''. Hmmm, I heaved a sigh, an settled to read through the ''must before 20'', since am well past 20. As I read through, my eyes opened wider and wider before I finally let out a hearty laugh. I was like really!!!, all of these before age 20, (you must be a joker). Please share with me as I list out what I read.

20 THINGS YOU MUST KNOW, DO, AND SUSTAIN BEFORE 20.

  • Have a realistic developmental plan covering 5 years of your life.
  • Understand the power, value, and the use of money.
  • Do an audit on your friends.
  • Develop a walking, talking relationship with at least one qualified mentor.
  • Research and have a firm grasp of the responsibilities of dating, courtship,ans marriage.
  • Have a complete understanding of the power of 5( Money, Clothes, Opposite sex, Social Exchange and Fame.
  • Master a good saving habit of at least 20 % of your Income
  • Have a basic understanding of stocks, bonds, forex, real estate etc
  • Must be computer literate and be conversant with what is happening around the world, and around you
  • Understand the dignity of working hard, and the glory of living a balanced life
  • Must have read at least 48 careers and self improvement books
  • Finish higher education ( at least university) with good grades and 1 or 2 professional certificates.
  • Discover yourself( your strenght and weaknesses). learn about temperaments and discover yours.
  • You must have a good relationship with your Creator and sustain a commitment with him.
  • Discover and walk according to your dreams, vision, and purpose.
  • Learn and sustain a good culture of time management and energy development
  • Learn and decide how you will be positively different from your peers in thought, conduct, and dressing
  • Master a habit of daily routine exercise to keep fit and healthy
  • Build a network of at least 5 adult friends who are billionaires
  • Get rid of deadly habits such as smoking, drug use, masturbation, negative use of the Internet, laziness, procrastination
  • Speak a second language.
You can imagine my surprise when I went through the list. While I think these are really fantastic things to learn as one goes through life, but age 20??????. What do you think?
Do not ask me how much I passed from  the list.
So you guys evaluate yourselves, and kudos to the one who achieves all of these by or before age 20.

1 comment:

  1. hehehe...I'm sure the writer meant at the age of 80.

    All the same my friend, this was an interesting read...welcome back!

    ReplyDelete